A new meme! Had a brainstorm, here’s how it works: Copy & paste the following question in your blog, then link back (ping, trackback) to me or whomever you got it from.
This week, the first, I’m focusing on the best part – FASHION! :lol::oops:
1. What was your hair like?
– sad to say, pretty much like it is now, but blonder.
2. What did you *wish* your hair was like?
– what I wished it was like back then was long and with a spiral perm, like Madonna’s in her Desperatly Seeking Susan look.
3. What was the coolest item of clothing you had back in the 80’s that is totally embarrasing now?
– Just one? Let’s see… there were the legwarmers, the fingerless gloves, the harem pants…
4. What was a cool fashion trend that you didn’t understand back then, and still don’t?
– Day Glo. ’nuff said.
5. What was a fashion trend you *wish* would come back?
– Real punk, when it was fresh and new.
6. … or that you were happy to see did come back?
– Well, I wasn’t happy to see legwarmers. 😯
7. Who was your 80’s fashion icon?
– Mostly Madonna and Cyndi Lauper. The Go-Go’s too, and when I was feeling “sophisticated”, Duran Duran.
8. Describe your best (or worst) look for the eighties.
– Should I start with the braces or the things I could change? Well there was the bright yellow big shirt I had, just like Boy George’s, except I wore mine with big black belt, pinstipe black pants and Peter Pan get-aways, those suede ankle boots. Remember those? The worst part of this outfit is I have many pictures of me wearing it.
Let’s see how long I can keep this up. Got suggestions for questions? I’m all ears. If you don’t have a blog, feel free to answer in the comments.
(edited to answer my own questions. Doh! :oops:)
Great. Now I am singing, “Gonna dress you up in my love, in my love, all over your body,” over and over in my head.