Most of the time before I go to sleep, I like to play a game of cards. The other night I decided to play a game of concentration, and near the end of the game I noticed that I had an odd number of cards. I thought maybe I messed up somewhere, but apparently not. Turns out the deck had a total of 5 sevens. Two seven of hearts, actually. I guess I know why they were at the dollar store now.
Something we like to do for fun in our house is do logic puzzles. Actually, I know Dad and I do them, but I’m not sure about everyone else. A couple of my favorites are The Man In The Elevator and Einstein’s Riddle.
The great thing about the first one is that once you know the answer, you probably won’t forget it.
The second one, supposedly only two percent of the population can figure it out. I managed to do it in 15 minutes my first try. Since the answer to the original happens to be on that wikipedia page, I’ll give you the one that doesn’t have the answer:
01. The British lives in the red house.
02. The Swedish keeps dogs as pets.
03. The Danish drinks tea.
04. The green house is on the left of the white house.
05. The green homeowner drinks coffee.
06. The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
07. The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
08. The man living in the center house drinks milk.
09. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
10. The man who smokes Blend lives next to the one who keeps cats.
11. The man who keeps the horse lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
12. The owner who smokes Bluemaster drinks beer.
13. The German smokes prince.
14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
15. The man who smokes Blend has a neighbor who drinks water.
Question: Who owns the fish?
In the interest of clarity, it must be added that each of the five houses is painted a different color, and their inhabitants are of different national extractions, own different pets, drink different beverages and smoke different brands of cigarettes. In statement 6, right refers to the reader’s right.
(Can’t offer you anything shiny for getting it right, sorry. Just thought it’d be fun :P)