I just ran out of words for a bit.
– we still haven’t made it back to the other library to get Emma’s finished movie.
– Emma found a cheque from her grandmother and purchased a small Wall-E from Toy ‘r Us. While she finds it fun, it just isn’t quite the same as the cardboard one she made. (It comes apart tho.)
– my bathroom is still waiting for a sink and the septic field still isn’t finished
– i did, however, sort of fix the downstairs shower which was handy for that whole two weeks of heat we had at the first of the month.
– Sarah is moving a few blocks away from where she spent the summer and will be rooming with a family friend. She’s a mom of 4 grown children with family values like ours (hippie, slightly crunchy, leaning towards British, and odd in a good way). Food is included. They should get on famously.
– Sarah also begins her first day of real school next week. At 18. I was supposed to set her up a blog, but that was tied to the moving around of this site, whcih hasn’t happened yet.
– Meaghan made a hammock.
– then she made two more cloth ones.
– the baking has continued. Today’s snack plate has caramel shortbread cookies.
– we partook of a community art festival, and joined in a large painting
It was in the local paper too.
– work tanked for a bit. We slogged through finishing up (or trying to) long overdue projects and a few of our own.
– when we started to make actual progress, a whole pile of new clients came flooding through
– I’m continuing to get veggies from our neighbours, on credit for the work I did picking berries and beans. Not together. Last night, they left a large bag of corn on our back step so someone could eat it before it went bad.
– we also discovered that the roof join over one end of my craft room was leaking. right into the wall. We’ll be closing this room off completely for the winter, and I moved my sewing table to someplace we could use it better. my sewing has stagnated.
There’s more going on in the background. Just waiting for the best time and all.