Saturday, September 18th, 2010 | Uncategorized
I was inspired by Meaghan to actually do a birthday list this year. I don’t really want anything in particular (I can think of a few things but they are nonmaterialistic), but here is a list of things that I like, for ideas.
Things that would be great for my birthday:
- Hugs. I really enjoy hugs, they are free, and you probably like hugs too.
- Do something nice! Tell someone that you love that you love them, do a good deed, make friends with a stranger, etc etc so on and so forth, and then tell me about it. If everyone could do this, that would probably be the best.
- Art supplies. I have somewhat specific wants with this one, so if you need any clarification feel free to ask. The only sketchbooks I need are pocket sized/small ones. I like heavy duty drawing paper, charcoals, drawing ink, markers (I like any kinds of markers, but if you can find some super cheap Copic markers I have been wanting some of those.) I don’t really need new drawing pencils, but I wouldn’t complain if I got any (I have this: “Tin containing 12 medium degrees:
6B, 5B, 4B, 3B, 2B, B, HB,F, H, 2H, 3H and 4H” so.. any other drawing sets on the planet other than the one I already have.)
And I loveloveove things like fine line sharpies/fine line black permanent markers. Watercolour paper would be awesome too (I prefer hot pressed)
Art supplies can be tricky with me because I am a little particular about what I want/what stuff I use (like.. I love drawing with vine charcoal, but I hatehatehate drawing with conte and most people who do not draw with either would not notice the difference, other than that conte comes in more colours.) so if you are really worried, gift certificates would also be good.
I DON’T need any paint, pastels, pencil crayons, crayons. I have more than enough of all of those things.
- Clothing – I do not really need any more clothing, but if you feel inclined.. Threadless is awesome, as are gift certificates to clothing stores. (This site also has good t-shirts) I also like socks.. Silly socks, funny ones, knee socks. I want all the socks in the world. Stripey ones are my favorite
- Something that I’ve been meaning to buy is a hard case for my macbook. This is what I’d been looking at, but you can get them cheaper at other places online (ebay, discount stores) so search around. I’m not looking for a particular colour (I’m not a huge fan of orange/yellow but all the other colours are good) and mine is a 15″ macbook pro with a black keyboard (apparently there are some that fit ones with a black keyboard, some that ft ones with the white keyboard)
I could also use a keyboard skin, some type of messenger bag/backpack to keep my laptop and stuff in (I have a backpack and a bag now, but the bag is cheap/not waterproof and the backpack has a broken zipper), and some kind of bag to keep my mouse/charger cable in.
- Books – Used books especially. I read pretty much everything, and I have a thing for antique books.
- Records – I recently got a record player so I’ve been looking for records.. I will honestly take any, but in particular I’m looking for Wayne Newton, The Ink spots, stuff from the 40s/50s/60s (I also want the vinyl of Avalanche by Matthew Good but there is no chance anyone would be able to find it.) I currently have 6 records, so chances are if you get me one.. I don’t already have it.
That’s all that I can think up now for suggestions. Chances are, if you know me well enough that you are getting me something for my birthday, you can think up something awesome that I would like that I didn’t even mention. And you can ask people that know me.
No comments yet.