Up to the usual

Since last we met, with my blue hair, the overall consensus is it looks pretty good. Every time I wash it I get blue suds. Oddly, I haven’t had any public comments about my hair. I get plenty when I have two or more different colors though.

Mostly in the last week we worked then watched tv at night. We got off-schedule with the groceries and went in the middle of the week. Oh noes! It’s thrown us completely off.

Thursday I picked up Sarah, went uptown to pick up a parcel for her and then we scooted over to Addison & Kaytlyn’s to babysit. Mom and Dad went out for much needed haircuts and some groceries. Seriously – have you ever tried to go grocery shopping with a 3 year old, an 18 month old and a 3 month old? I would not even attempt it.

While they were gone Jade was super fuzzy and screaming till her face went red. Poor thing had gas. She was also hungry, so I managed to get her to down half a bottle when she promptly threw up all over me and her.

Then she smiled at me so that was okay.

Ayla is really ramping up the verbal skills and even though most of the time it sounds like babbling, when she saw me and Sarah coming up the stairs it didn’t take long for her to manage “Where Gampy?”

After babysitting was over, Sarah & I went back to our place where she hooked up her new gaming laptop to my big huge tv in the bedroom. It was *glorious*. She showed us a few games plus Bioshock Infinite – which I want to play now – and the latest Tomb Raider which I *really* want to play and would have bought already but it is Windows only.

Friday was my half ay of working and I really wanted to sew. Between errands, work holds ups, WordPress drama I really need to stop reading and just generally being cranky, I managed a whole half hour of sewing.

Then had to stop for dinner.

After dinner, it is pitch black outside and super dark in the basement sewing room. We defaulted to Netflix once again, but watched Despicable Me (very enjoyable) and a new series – Episodes, which I started accidentally and got hooked on.

Saturday I worked a half day. Didn’t go anywhere because it was so rainy /icy and I was reading twitter reports of road closures and accidents all over. I worked on some pattern drafting for a new project as well, no details yet.

Sunday we went and got groceries AGAIN and also went to the Northside market for meat. Having a hard time finding sausage we like. I also got samosas since it had been a while.

Mid-afternoon Addison dropped off Izzy and Ayla for a fun time. They weren’t here half an hour and they were at the sink with water and cups and towels all over the floor. Izzy really likes my big tv in the bedroom “Soooo coool Nanny!” so we watched a movie. Even Ayla snuggled for a bit. I think they forgot all about our toy closet as well, since I opened the door and both girls went “ooooooo!”

We dug out Barbies, played with all the toys, went up and down stairs, had snacks multiple times, cleaned up messes, tried on Grampy’s shoes, ran around in circles, ran around with big bubble wrap packaging, practised stomping feet because no one lives downstairs here, and then when supper was almost ready Mommy & Daddy showed up with a friend, so we visited for a bit. Emma talked off Kaytlyn’s ears about Pokemon. I made sure Addison ate some food.

It takes a good 20 minutes for them to get out the door and we still haven’t found Izzy’s missing sock. A half hour after that, we had everything cleaned up then fell into bed in front of the tv exhausted.

Published by andrea

Older, possibly wiser, still forgetful.

One reply on “Up to the usual”

Comments are closed.